My blog will be moving to my new site soon! You can find it at akmorgen.com/blog

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Signed, Sealed and Delivered


You know that feeling you get when you're about to do something permanent? You think, "This is it. There's no going back now." And then a thousand last minute questions run through your mind so fast you're left spinning in confused circles. I just had that moment.

I've officially signed and returned my first ever novel contract, and I'm not going to lie to you about it. It was terrifying and exhilarating (and a thousand other things) at once.

I'm excited. I'm nervous. I'm still wrapping my mind around the fact that I sent out my first query letter only four and a half months ago.

It's a lot to process.

I have to say that, despite the last minute worry overload, I am absolutely thrilled to have been offered the opportunity. More than that, I am so blessed to have had so many of you in my corner through this entire process. You are each a blessing to me and have been some of the most amazing critique partners, "send" button pushers, hand-holders, butt-kickers, shouty-caps text deliverers, relentless phone call hounders, and friends a girl could ask for. :)

And now *deep breath* it's on to the next phase of this journey!

Until next time,
A.K.M

No comments:

Post a Comment