My blog will be moving to my new site soon! You can find it at akmorgen.com/blog

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Sleep? What is that?!




When you've spent the last six years of your life in school without a break, it seems all you do is eat, sleep and breathe school. When you aren't studying, you're thinking about studying, being asked what you study, or trying to decide why in the hell you ever decided to study in the first place.


But I can finally say that it's almost over. I scheduled my exit exams today! For those who don't know what the heck I'm talking about...once I complete all credit hours (which I will do next week!), I have to take exams on all core courses to prove that I actually retained everything I've learned. Once I pass those, I'm officially a grad school graduate.


It's a little unbelievable to actually be at the point where I can say that in a little over a month, I'll be done.

When I started the undergraduate program six years ago, I wasn't so sure I'd make it this far. My nephew had just come home from NICU and was seriously ill, and my sister had a one year old at home too. On top of helping with the kids, I was working full time, had been married for a little over a year, and was volunteering full-time.


Six years later, I have no idea what's on television. I haven't read a magazine that wasn't school-related in longer than I care to count, and my only vacation in years consisted of wrangling three kids under the age of six in Florida for a week.


But who the hell cares?


I made it!


Almost. I still have law school to go, but that's a subject for another day. Today, I am basking in the glory of almost-doneness.


It’s a good feeling. :)


All My Love,

The Girl Under the Stack of Textbooks (for one more month)

1 comment:

  1. "my only vacation in years consisted of wrangling three kids under the age of six in Florida for a week."

    Nuh uh. You came down for Naomi's wedding too.

    And I'm about to enter the stage where I can only have one of those. But it's only a year...

    ReplyDelete