My blog will be moving to my new site soon! You can find it at akmorgen.com/blog

Monday, July 30, 2012

Operation Ayden's Vacation

I've spent the last week on vacation. That's right! The notorious workaholic finally took a real vacation. Well, sort of. I took a week and a half off from anything resembling work, and spent the time hanging out in Little Rock with some of my favorite people.  My girls converged on me from four different states last week, and we had a blast touring Little Rock and engaging in hijinks.

My wifey found a boyfriend at the gas station. (bwahahahaha) My Accolito almost got tased at Church's Chicken. My FLL did some questionable things involving a rabbit. I sipped a margerita. And my SQ's bosom so greatly distracted our waiter, he took 30 minutes to figure out our checks (so said his manager.. seriously). It was that kind of week. :)

We visited Central High School (home of the Little Rock Nine), Pugh's Mill (from Gone with the Wind), the Heifer Wetlands, the Clinton Presidential Center, the Big Dam Bridge, Heber Springs, Willy D's Piano Bar, and Chuck E. Cheese (cause, you know, you're never too old to play games). I thoroughly educated my SQ in all things Southern (like biscuits and gravy... nom!), and we made plans to do it all again ASAP.

I am so not ready to go back to work on Wednesday! But all good things must come to an end. At least temporarily. One of my favorite people will be back on Saturday, so I'll get to spend a few more days with her before I have to really embrace the real-world and real-world responsibilities again.

In the meantime, I have a few pictures of the epic stay at home vacation for you. :)


Willy D's Dueling Piano Bar

Shy Little Princess

My SQ after dinner at Santo Coyote

Wicked Bridge at Pugh's Mill

Heber Springs... where I sunburned in odd patterns

Central High School

The best bridge to say

Heifer Village Wetlands

Clinton Presidential Center

Gone with the Wind Sawmill bridge

My FLL and Me visit the Toadstools

My bestest little friend

Keeper and Kiddo

He cheats

FLL, SQ, and a giant rabbit

Incognito at the mall

More Old Mill


There are about a million other pictures, but those are super top secret. If I showed you, I'd have to harm you. ;)

I hope your week was as fantastic as mine! Don't forget to check back here on Wednesday for a super huge most excellent announcement. You won't be disappointed. :)

xoxo,
A.K.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive