My blog will be moving to my new site soon! You can find it at akmorgen.com/blog

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Teaser Tuesday 4: Ravished - The Teplo Files

Happy, #GivingTuesday!

I hope you are all recovering from a fabulous Cyber Monday. I know I am! You guys are completely awesome and sent FADE and FALL soaring through the ranks on Amazon yesterday. It did my little heart good. Thank you!

I would give you a teaser from FLAME to celebrate, but, well, I haven't made much headway with it yet. I've been wrapped up in getting Ravished revised to my liking so I can send it off into the world. Soon, hopefully. :)

I hope you'll accept another teaser from this story instead.


"God, I am so stupid."

"Lillian, you aren't stupid." Tristan pushed away from the door, his arms crossed over his chest to keep himself from reaching out for her. "If you don't want to do this, you can still say no. I meant what I said in Jason's office. I'll make sure you won't be in danger if you stay here."

"That's not the point, Tristan." She shot him another frustrated look.

"Then what is the point?" he asked, his own discontent with the situation growing by leaps and bounds when faced with her anger. "Why did you agree to this? Christ, you're just a ballerina, beautiful. This isn't your life."

"And that bothers you, doesn't it? That I'm just a ballerina," she snapped, rolling her eyes.

"It doesn't bother me nearly enough," he retorted. "Christ, I'm trying to keep you safe. You don't know what you're getting into here, and you just fucking agreed to it anyway. And I'm not nearly stron-" He snapped his mouth closed, growling soundlessly.

"What is your problem?" she demanded. "Why are you such an ass? What did I ever do to you, Tristan?" She opened her mouth again, but he cut her off this time, incapable of stopping himself. He didn't really want to anyway. He was tired of dancing around the truth.

"I don't want you hurt. Jesus, Lillian, is that so goddamned difficult to grasp?" He raked a hand through his hair, tugging the strands. "I. Don't. Want. You. Hurt. And not because I can't keep my damn hands to myself when I'm around you either."

Lillian's eyes widened, whatever she was going to say lost as she looked at him. Really looked at him. Her shocked gaze rolled over him like a wave, sending heat and desire crashing down all over again. He curled his hands into fists against the creases of his arms in a last ditch effort to keep himself from snatching her up and kissing her.

"It's not your choice to make," she said.

"No?" He arched a brow at her. "None of this would be an issue if it weren't for me."

"Well, at least you admit that much." She huffed, and then sighed. "I barely know you, and I'm already sick of arguing with you."

"Then don't," he suggested, liking the sound of that plan a whole hell of a lot. "Just… don't."

She stared at him for a long, silent minute. A parade of emotion crossed her face, flickering too quickly for him to separate one from the next. "Tell me you don't want me to do this, Tristan," she finally said, holding his gaze. "Tell me you want me to tell Jason I changed my mind, and I will."

"Would you?" He swallowed hard. "You'd walk away right now if I asked?"

"Yeah, I would."

"Why?"

Why did what he wanted matter so much to her?


See you soon, lvelies!
 
xoxo,
Ayden
 
PS: If you haven't entered the Goodreads Giveaway for FALL yet, it ends tomorrow! You can enter via the widget on the sidebar!

FALLThe Ragnarök Prophesies: Book Two is now available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and KOBO. FADE - The Ragnarök Prophesies: Book Two is available at: Amazon US | UK | DE | FR | IT | ES | Barnes and Noble | Kobo | Books-a-Million

No comments:

Post a Comment