My blog will be moving to my new site soon! You can find it at akmorgen.com/blog

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

You can read #Fade's prologue and help a charity? Say what?!


Only ten days until Fade's release day!  I don't know about all of you, but I am incredibly excited. I can't wait to share the novel with all of you. In the meantime, I have several things to help tide you over.

First up is this week's teaser. The first paragraph of Fade's prologue!

Ready?

The wind howled around me, flinging cold rain this way and that. Frigid drops stung my face and hands. The vinyl awning overhead shook and rattled in time to the thunderclaps echoing from every direction. Energy crackled in the air as lightning splintered trees miles away. The resulting clamor forced Reverend Don to shout just to be heard above the fury of the storm. Even so, I only caught every third or fourth word of the prayer he offered.

Want to read the rest of the prologue a full week before the release date? You can! And you can help a charity at the same time. :)

A couple of months ago, I told you about a tragic accident at Comic-Con that claimed the life of Gisela, and how you could help her friends honor her and her amazing spirit. Over 80 authors have donated stories, poetry, or fanfiction to a fundraiser in her honor, and you can own them all, Fade's prologue included. All you have to do is make a $5 donation to the Alzheimer's Association here, and then forward your confirmation (minus any personal details) to fandom4TwiFanG@gmail.com by August 31st.

In addition to the compilation, you could win one of numerous autographed books or swag items being raffled off to random donors (including an autographed copy of Fade)! Every donor will receive a copy of the compilation, and raffle winners will be selected at random from the donor pool. The compilation will be sent out on August 31st, and raffle winners will be announced on September 1st. For more information on the cause, please visit: http://fandom4twifang.blogspot.com.

Not a bad haul for a $5 donation to charity, is it?

Next up: Fade now has a Facebook fan page! You can check it out here. Don't forget to say hi while you're there, and let Stephanie and Eugene know how much you love the cover and the banner! They did an amazing job. :)

This weekend, I will be at Fandom Fanatic! Don't forget to hop over there and check out everything we have planned for you. Just remember, not all posts on FF are appropriate for under 18s. My posts will be, of course! :)

Also, don't forget to check here on Friday for the Back to the Books Giveaway Hop post! I'll be giving away more presents because, you guessed it, I freaking love giving away presents!

Finally, I just want to remind everyone in Isaac's path to stay safe. We're thinking about all of you. I'm sick and can't drive down to rescue you this week, so please take care of yourselves. If your house blows away, you can borrow my couch, but we can't get a new you!

xoxo,
A.K.M.


 


2 comments:

  1. Only 10 days? How exciting! Every time I look at your cover, I like it even more than before. It's those wolf eyes - they stay with me.

    It's great you're doing something for charity. You're a sweetie! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! And I hope you enjoy these next few days. Your book is almost here!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive