My blog will be moving to my new site soon! You can find it at akmorgen.com/blog

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Forever #drabble

Every once in a while, some mysterious character living in the back of my head will pop up for a brief moment. When that happens, I try to jot down whatever is going on in his or her world. Sometimes, those little moments grow. Other times, they don't.

I don't know which of the two this piece is, but I kind of like it where it stands. :)

I've dubbed it Forever.

Enjoy. <3

...

"I love you," he whispered, wrapping his arms around me when I stepped up between his legs. He lifted his hooded gaze to mine.

Emotion he never showed me blazed in the clear blue depths of his eyes like storm clouds roiling. Everything I wanted hung there, but nowhere near enough of it.

"Show me," I said, needing more from him in that moment than spoken professions and unguarded looks. I needed . . . forever as only he could give it to me. I needed his lips on mine and his heart pounding for me. Only for me.

"Always for you," he promised as if he'd plucked the thought from the depths of my mind.

His lips parted, sliding over mine like warm silk.

For the first time in days, forever didn't seem so impossible after all.

It seemed right.

* * *
 
See you next time I surface from editing FALL.
 
xoxo,
Ayden
 
 
Fade - The Ragnarok Prophesies: Book One - On Sale at: Amazon US | UK | DE | FR | IT | ES | Barnes and Noble | Kobo | Books-a-Million

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive