My blog will be moving to my new site soon! You can find it at akmorgen.com/blog

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A #JulNoWriMo Progress Report and Teaser #teasertuesday

Happy Tuesday, lovelies!

You know those days when you just want to crawl under your bed and stay there for a while? I'm having one of those days. Nothing's really wrong, I'm just tired and sore, and the more I look at my to-do list, the bigger it seems to grow!

But that's what I get for deciding to do JulNoWriMo with so much else going on! The good news is that my word count is creeping along at a decent pace. I'm taking things slow with FLAME out of an obsessive desire to get the first chapters just right. This book is so action packed, and Ari is a totally different person than the girl I spent six years with while working on FADE. Not to mention, Dace has suddenly become a lot more talkative. I don't want to screw this pivotal point in their journey up right out of the gate.

I'm also working on Stricken here and there. I love this story, and I think you guys will love it too. As with The Ragnarok Prophesies, Stricken deals with the end of the world, in a different way. The prophecy from the Dead Sea Scrolls, specifically the War Scroll, sits at the heart of this story. There's a deadly plague, Angels and demons battling for dominion, and the Elioud girl who sits at the heart of it all. You can read the summary for Stricken and the first, unedited chapter here.

But for now, let's get on with this week's teaser from FLAME. This is short, because, well, because I'm trying my damndest not to spoil anything (which is hard work for someone who lives for spoilers!) so no one kills me. I think this one is suitably vague.

Enjoy!

I pulled the door open to find chaos waiting for me.
My mattress was shoved away from the boxsprings, the comforter shredded. The table lay on its side, and one of the chairs was missing a leg. Stuffing from my pillows was strewn around the room. Fuki lay in the middle of the mess, his head on his front paws. Puffy white cotton from the destroyed pillows littered his fur.
He looked up at me and whined.

I hope you are all having a lovely week. How is JulNoWriMo going for all of you?!

Don't forget, FADE for Kindle is only $0.99 right now!


Fade - The Ragnarok Prophesies: Book One - On Sale at: Amazon US | UK | DE | FR | IT | ES | Barnes and Noble | Kobo | Books-a-Million

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive