My blog will be moving to my new site soon! You can find it at akmorgen.com/blog

Monday, July 1, 2013

FLAME - The Ragnarok Prophesies: Book Three #JulNoWriMo #teaser #dayone

Hello, lovelies,

FALL edits are off to the prereaders for their seal of approval. So I've decided to hop on the JulNoWriMo bandwagon and spend July with ink-stained fingers and a pretty new story. Naturally, that's going to be easier said than done.

July is hectic around here. My FLL will be here in a couple of weeks. When she leaves, we have the Blogger Book Fair, and the Sizzling Summer Giveaway. And then my sweet friend, Ashlyn and her girls, are coming to visit. The day before they leave, The Husbinator's best friend is driving in for a week. And I now get to spend 3 days a week in physical therapy for my hip. (I dislocated it trying to celebrate the Blackhawks winning the Stanley Cup on a freshly mopped, still wet floor... something my mama told me a thousand times not to do as a kid).

I love a challenge, and I'm crazy excited to spend the next month with FLAME (Book Three), so I think I can make this work. My goal is a little lazy... 25k-30k. That's not quite a novel, but it's a pretty good start for a hectic month. So far, I'm pleased with my progress.

2,795 words down. I'll post a short teaser for you from FLAME each week (someone remind me I said that because I will inevitably forget). I solemnly swear the teasers will be from the vaguest parts of the novel I can find so as not to spoil anything in FALL. Deal?

Here's your teaser for this week:

The woods thickened, darkened. Everywhere my gaze fell, life fought to break free of the press and tangle blurring around me. Spring scrabbled for a foothold in a wood long lost to the wild and a world still held in a vise by winter. Tiny buds struggled to lift their heads toward the weak sunlight trickling in from beneath the overhang of branches.

See? Vague!

Good luck all my fellow JulNoWriMo'ers!
xoxo,
Ayden


Fade - The Ragnarok Prophesies: Book One - On Sale at: Amazon US | UK | DE | FR | IT | ES | Barnes and Noble | Kobo | Books-a-Million

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive