My blog will be moving to my new site soon! You can find it at akmorgen.com/blog

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Teaser Tuesday: FLAME (The Ragnarok Prophesies) #fantasy #nanowrimo



Happy Teaser Tuesday, lovelies!

Since I'm furiously working to finish FLAME during NaNo, I thought I'd give you guys a little teaser from the story. It's been a while since I've posted anything from Dace and Ari and Ronan. :)

This contains spoilers (and probably lots of grammar mistakes), so if you haven't finished FADE and FALL, you might want to skip this one. <3

Enjoy!

"Where's Fuki?" I rasped.
"I had to take him back to your room," Ronan said. He shot me another odd look. "You really don't remember?"
"Remember what?" I asked dully. Buka wasn't supposed to die. Dace was supposed to look out for her, keep her safe so I could bring Fuki back to her when Sköll and Hati were dead. And now, well, now Fuki didn't have a mom anymore. Just like me.
I'm sorry, Dace whispered.
I grasped the edge of Ronan's bed and pulled myself to my feet, trying to block out Dace's apology. I couldn't deal with him right now. My right temple throbbed when I moved. I swayed on my feet, and then steadied myself.
Ronan reached for my arm, but I shook him off.
"We need to get out of here," he said. "Dace thinks someone is coming for you tonight."
"So?"
"Arionna, don't."
"Don't tell me what to do, Ronan." I whipped my head around to glare at him, and almost fell when an intense pain ripped through my head again, momentarily blinding me.
When my vision cleared, Ronan had his hand clamped on my arm.
"I'm fine," I snapped, pushing him away.
Ronan held his hands up as if to say he surrendered, and then stepped back, out of my way.
Walking hurt, and I stumbled, but I made it to the door. Pushed it open, and stepped into the night. Fuki still howled from my room. The broken sound of his cries shattered another little piece of my heart. I sniffled, the world blurring around me again.
Ronan stepped out of the room behind me.
Dace sat in my head like some silent, unobtrusive visitor, watching me from the inside.
My hands shook when I reached for the knob to my door. I hesitated, trying to block everything out. To focus on Fuki. He needed me right now. The rest of it – Sköll, Hati, the frigging apocalypse, even Dace and Ronan – could wait for five damn minutes.


xoxo,

ALL FALLS DOWN is now available on Amazon. FALLThe Ragnarök Prophesies: Book Two is now available at Amazon Barnes and Noble | KOBO. FADE - The Ragnarök Prophesies: Book One is available at: Amazon US | UK | DE | FR | IT | ES | Barnes and Noble | Kobo | Books-a-Million.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive