My blog will be moving to my new site soon! You can find it at akmorgen.com/blog

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Stricken (The War Scrolls: Book One) and the #TwitterFiction Festival

Tuesday has come and gone, and I didn't post a teaser. That's because the Twitter Fiction Festival begins today, and I'm particpating! Woohoo!

I will be tweeting the first pages of my young adult novel, Stricken (The War Scrolls: Book One), as part of the Festival. Those of you who've followed me from other writing adventures are familiar with this concept already. The Twitter Fiction Festival is just like Smut Theater... only with a larger audience, and material more suitable for readers of all ages and interests.

Beginning today, writers from all around the world will tweet their stories under the #TwitterFiction hashtag.  Starting at midnight, I will begin tweeting the first page of Stricken. At midnight the next night, I'll tweet page two, and so on and so forth until the Festival ends on Sunday.

Sounds fun, right?

It is! I've done this with my wifey for about two years now (though not on anywhere near as grand a scale), and have had a blast with it. Some of you have asked for me to bring this form of story delivery to my YA writing, and what better way to do than that as part of the Twitter Fiction Festival?

So what the heck is Stricken all about and why am I tweeting this one?

Here's the summary:

Eons ago, the Fae risked everything to save themselves and carve out a future for their people amidst the devastation of the Demon Wars. Now the Fae race and their kin are being cut down by a deadly virus none saw coming.
 
When Hafling warrior Kaeden St. James sets out on a quest to find a cure, he and his blade-brothers discover seventeen-year-old Anya Mathis, a human with a past as dark as it is mysterious, cowering in an abandoned house in the heart of Memphis, Tennessee. The corrupted races are chasing her, and Kaeden is determined to find out why.
 
What neither he nor Anya suspect, however, is their attraction to one another, or the frightening truths lurking in the shadows. The painful childhood memories she fights to bury hold answers that threaten to tear the world apart.
 
Only Anya can save the Fae people from their fate, but when they discover her family's part in the creation of the lethal virus, old alliances shatter, and her life hangs in the balance. Kaeden must choose between the future of his people and the human girl he's pledged to protect, and his choice will change everything.
 
Demons are rising, and this time, they plan to win the war for dominion once and for all.
 
If you're familiar with the Dead Sea Scrolls, you've probably heard of the War Scroll, which supposedly tells of the final battle between good and evil. Stricken is a retelling of that prophecy, with a few twists and turns along the way.
 
It's a fast-paced story that's taken on several different forms since I first began writing it. Some of you have read a very different, heavily edited version of the story in charity compilations last year. With Fall nearly finished, I'll be returning to Stricken in the coming weeks. I'm excited to share the beginning of this adventure with you as I begin whipping the novel into query-ready shape.
 
You can read the first five pages of Stricken by following me @AKMorgen on Twitter, or by browsing the #TwitterFiction hashtag.
 
Happy reading, fellow Festival goers!
 
xoxo,
Ayden
 

Fade - The Ragnarok Prophesies: Book One - On Sale at: Amazon US | UK | DE | FR | IT | ES | Barnes and Noble | Kobo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive