My blog will be moving to my new site soon! You can find it at akmorgen.com/blog

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Teaser Tuesday and #NaNoWriMo: #Fall (The Ragnarok Prophesies)

The first week of NaNoWriMo is winding down, and I've survived! I don't know how, but I have. And I've learned a few things.

1. I suck at locating topography maps when I need them last minute.
2. 1,667 words feels like 10,667 when you're tired.
3. Eat more cookies.

In all seriousness, the first week has more or less gone well. I'm at 16,709 words total, which is a little above where I should be. Don't start the cheers yet though! My FLL, Lisa, will be here on Friday (squee!) and I plan to spend all my time over the next week watching pretty boys, eating cookies, and causing mischief with her.

But there is good news! I'm almost finished with Fall. It's taken a couple of twists I wasn't expecting, but I'm pleasantly surprised at said twists. I need to do some rewriting in spots, but yay for progress!

Now on to your first NaNoWriMo teaser! Disclaimer: It's NaNoWriMo, which means national novel writers' month of not editing.


"You argue with him all the time."

            "So do you."

            "That's different," I protested. I argued because I loved him and he needed someone to stand up to him when he got all bossy and authoritative.

            Ronan arched a brow.

            "He's bossy." I twitched in my seat.

            "So you can stand up to him, but I can't?"

            "I didn't say that."

            Ronan concentrated on the road for a minute before looking at me again. "I argue with him for the same reasons you do. A leader needs to feel challenged, otherwise they get too comfortable. We don't need him comfortable."

            "You could try to make his life a little easier," I said, my tone rife with accusation. "You argue with him over everything."

            "No one else will." Ronan shrugged. "I've seen the way his pack bows down to his every demand. They never question him. Even those wolves of yours never really questioned him. He told them they would either get along with the shifters or leave, and they immediately decided to play nice."

            "And that's a bad thing?"

            "No, but I know they didn't approve of him, and yet they accepted his authority regardless. Do you really think complacency would do him any good?"

            "Of course not." I frowned. "But you argue with him because you like to irritate him, not because you want to help him."

            "At the end of the day, does it really matter why I do it?" Ronan challenged.

            "You could try to get along with him," I pointed out. My request lacked conviction though.

            "Why? He'd still threaten me."

            I huffed, rolling my eyes. "He's not going to kill you. Besides, you're not really afraid of him anyway. You just like to hold that over his head."

            Ronan shot me another genuine smile. "It doesn't suck," he agreed.

Ronan is growing on me, y'all. *shifty eyes*
 
My congratulations to Obama,
xoxo,
Ayden


Fade - The Ragnarok Prophesies: Book One - On Sale at: Amazon US | UK | DE | FR | IT | ES | Barnes and Noble | Kobo

1 comment:

Blog Archive