My blog will be moving to my new site soon! You can find it at akmorgen.com/blog

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday

When my publisher emailed me to get the ball rolling, she decided to include another new author in the communication as well. It was the best decision ever, if you ask me. As a result, I met Krystal Wade, a fellow newbie Noble Young Adult author. She's pretty darn awesome, and has introduced me to Six Sentence Sunday, in which authors post six sentences of their work on their blog each Sunday morning by 9am.

This is my inaugural Six Sentence Sunday post, y'all, and I know just what six sentences to give you guys today. They're from one of my favorite moments in Fade. I cried like a baby writing this chapter because so much of it is emotional and bittersweet and just plain sad. This moment made it worth it, though.

For the first time, Dace willingly let's Arionna see a little of of who he really is underneath the facade, and how much he really does care, not just about her, but about everything that's happening around them. It's a bittersweet moment, and I hope you guys enjoy it.

I remained silent instead, my head bowed over this lovely wolf that I didn’t know and that hadn’t deserved to die like he had.

"Goodbye, Chiran," I finally whispered sadly, my hand falling to my side.

Dace leaned forward then, one hand still holding mine tightly. "We’ll meet again, brother," he murmured. He laid his hand upon Chiran's neck and stroked gently, his head bowed in grief and his goodbye echoing around us just as the pack’s had.

That simple farewell was just as heartbreaking as the pack's dirge had been, too.

To see what other participants have posted for you, check out the Six Sentence site (linked above), and remember, not all posts are appropriate for minors.

And don't forget to enter the Book Loving Chocolate Holiday Contest here on the blog!
Happy Sunday, 
A.K.M.


11 comments:

  1. Welcome to SSS! Poignant 6, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome! it's a wonderful group :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It definitely is a wonderful group. Very talented bunch, too. :)

      Delete
  3. What an emotional start to SSS! Great scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry I'm late to the party! I'm horrible. Definitely a moving six, and thanks for the shout out! I was pretty happy about Jill combining our welcome! :-)

    Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive