My blog will be moving to my new site soon! You can find it at akmorgen.com/blog

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: #FALL

Happy Tuesday, lovelies!

I hope you are having a wonderful week.

Mine has been interesting. For some brilliant reason, I thought it would be a good idea to quit nicotine and caffeine at the same time. Anyone else would have known this was a bad plan, but I like challenges. So far so good. It's a process for sure. :)

Kind of like editing, which I finished doing to FALL today, I might add. Yay! Now it goes back to Chrystal, and I spend some time working on release day plans.



I woke before dawn to flashing lights and the screech of sirens filtering in through the window. A parade of feet hurried up and down the stairs outside. The entire room shook from the pounding steps.

Fuki paced back and forth in front of the door, alternating between short, distressed barks and angry snarls.

I crawled from the bed, slapping my hair out of my face.

The floor vibrated beneath my feet as I stumbled across the room to look out the window. I reached for the curtains, barely closing my hand around the fabric, when a series of heavy thumps rattled the door.

Fuki barked.

"Who is it?" I called, snapping my fingers to quiet the little wolf.

"Let me in," Ronan said. Even though the door muffled his tone, it didn't hide the urgency in his voice.

I shuffled to the other side of the room, turned the light on, and then quickly unfastened the deadbolt, sliding chain, and simple knob lock before pulling the door open. Ronan stood on the other side, his dark hair uncombed, and his clothing disheveled. He gripped his duffle bag in one hand.

I craned my neck to see around him. A group of emergency vehicles crowded the parking lot and street beyond the hotel. The lights on a police cruiser and an ambulance spun in a dizzying blur, illuminating the dirty, white stucco in distorted shades of red and blue. People lined the balconies on the other side of the lot, watching as a group of officers questioned an older woman and a little girl.

"Move," Ronan said, gently pushing me out of the way so he could enter the room. He closed the door on the chaos below. Fuki chuffed once and then quieted down.

"What's going on?" I demanded, spinning to look at Ronan when he crossed the room to peek out the window. Fuki trotted along at his heels.

"We need to go," Ronan said, briefly glancing at me. The curtains shook as he moved them back into place over the windows.

"Why?" The word felt thick and cottony in my mouth.

Ronan swore softly. "A woman was murdered last night."

 * * *
 
 
Want to be part of FALL's upcoming release festivities? Let me know via comment, email, tweet, FB message, carrier pigeon, smoke signal, etc! :)
 
xoxo,
Ayden


Fade - The Ragnarok Prophesies: Book One - On Sale at: Amazon US | UK | DE | FR | IT | ES | Barnes and Noble | Kobo | Books-a-Million

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive