My blog will be moving to my new site soon! You can find it at akmorgen.com/blog

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Writing Sprints

Happy Writer Wednesday!


If you're like me, you struggle to focus for long periods of time. The internet is so distracting! So is basically everything else when I'm trying to write a book! Writing in sprints has helped me tremendously.

I set a timer (usually for 25 minutes) and focus only on writing during that time. I don't edit, check email, look at Facebook, go find a snack, etc. I just write. When time is up, I give myself a break and go do something else for a little bit before tackling another sprint.

It keeps me focused, keeps me on track, and keeps me from spending all my writing time researching or editing. If I need to look something up later, I just make a quick note in the margins and then move along. 

Want to learn more about writing sprints and how to write faster? Check out Help Me Naomi's course Speedy Freelancer: How to Write Faster. You can also check out my review of the course here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive