My blog will be moving to my new site soon! You can find it at akmorgen.com/blog

Monday, April 9, 2012

Rock You Like a "Hurricane" #atozchallenge

I have a confession to make. See that video down there? I love that song. Love it! I have no clue what it's about, but it's fun to sing loudly and repeatedly when you're stuck in the car for long periods of time. It also came out the year I was born. That makes it extra special.



The possibility of a real hurricane killing us all is probably moot, but I've seen The Day After Tomorrow, y'all! An ice hurricane? Titantic in the middle of NYC? Burning books? Not even the apocalypse is an acceptable excuse for that!

Incredibly destructive hurricanes, while they probably won't kill us all, aren't unheard of. In 1970, Cyclone Bhoa killed an estimated half a million people when it hit Bangladesh. Five years later, Super Typhoon Nina hit China and killed over 100,000 people. In 2008, Cyclone Nargis hit Burma, and killed 138,000 people. And I'm sure we all remember Katrina and Rita. While not as deadly, they were both devastating.

The good news is, unless The Day After Tomorrow really happens, those of us that live inland are more or less safe. Typically by the time a hurricane reaches us, it's already dissipated. On rare occasions, as happened with Tropical Storm Hermine, that doesn't work out so well. When Hermine hit in 2010, it swept back out to the Gulf of Mexico before moving inland. When it made it to my area, it just kind of hung out for a few days. We had widespread flooding as a result, and, sadly, are still trying to repair the damage in some areas of the state.

I'd rather Mother Nature not decide to prove me wrong on this anytime soon though! I don't know how to build an Ark. Worms (aka: fish food) are probably aliens from another planet (or so I say). And I get sea-sick. In other words:

Me. Please Send Cookies.
Did you listen to the song? Are you singing it yet?

"I"'ll be back tomorrow,
A.K.M. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for getting another song stuck in my head, haha.

    Good luck with the challenge!

    Dianna Fielding
    sociologyfornerds.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This song works with lots of things...

    Chinese cooking? "Wok You Like a Hurricane"

    Door-to-door salesman who won't take no for an answer? "Knock You Like a Hurricane"

    Cop running traffic on radar? "Clock You Like a Hurricane"

    Cat gacking up a massive hairball? "Hawk You Like a Hurricane"

    Well, you get the idea... ;^)

    Fellow writer visiting through the A-to-Z challenge! You have a great blog!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive