My blog will be moving to my new site soon! You can find it at akmorgen.com/blog

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Takeover Post - My Reading addiction

As our beloved author is busy this weekend, I have been invited to invade the blog again.  So here I am.

When I spoke to Ayden about a theme for this post, she suggested a favourite book.  So I went away and thought about it but truth is, I can't name just one. 

I have many favourite books.  You know, the ones you read over and over again.  The ones that are in a very sorry condition, falling apart, pages loose, spines bent beyond repair. 

But they are the ones you pull out on a rainy day, like a pair of comfortable old slippers. Because no matter how many times you have read them, no matter how you know the text almost by heart and everything that happens in the story, you can still get lost in them.  Or is it just me?

You see, my name is Jen and I am a reading addict.  So I thought I would share some of these statements with you and see if you agree.  If you do, you could be as far gone as I am.


Signs of a reading addict

  • Have you ever lost an entire day to a book?
  • When you get a new book, do you read it not once but two, three, maybe more times before you put it aside?
  • Have you ever skipped meals, drinks, not budged from your sofa for a whole day as you can't put a book down?
  • Have you ever stayed up way, way into the wee small hours despite having to be up at the crack of dawn the next day, because you just have, have to find out what happens next?
  • Have you ever read at the dining table, in front of guests, in the bath, or anywhere else you just shouldn't have?
  • Have you ever read a book over the head of a feeding baby, or sleeping child on your lap?
  • Are books taking over your house?  Are they stacked two deep on the bookcase and on the floor?
  • Is your Kindle or phone with reading app (see I can move with the times) almost surgically attached to you?
  • Have you ever read a book in the dark whilst others were sleeping?  Or under the covers with a torch (we all did at least once, right?)
  • Have you woken up in the small hours, light still on, face down in your book?

So are you a reading addict like me?  And if so, what's your favourite book?

1 comment:

  1. I do or have done everything on this list with one exception. I do not read books over and over. I have favorites that I will not part with but I rarely go back to visit these old friends. There are too many unread books in my house (and on my Kindle) to reread my favorites. Perhaps some day I will catch up on my books to read.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive