My blog will be moving to my new site soon! You can find it at akmorgen.com/blog

Thursday, September 12, 2019

Social Media Tools for Authors

As an author, you spend a lot of time on social media. Because my schedule is complete backward from everyone else (night shift life), I find that scheduling posts is a lot easier on some apps. They post while I'm sleeping, and I can interact when I'm awake. 

There are a lot of useful tools out there for scheduling and simplifying social media. Here are some of my favorites!



Buffer - Buffer allows me to schedule posts for IG, Twitter, and Facebook. I mainly use it for scheduling series posts (like my Writer Wednesday series). I can schedule up to 10 posts at a time for each platform. For the WW series, this means I can have 10 weeks of posts scheduled at a time. 

Later - Later allows me to schedule up to 30 IG posts at a time. It also keeps all of my previous uploads, and allows me to see what my feed will look like with all the posts laid out. It's a really powerful tool. Your monthly allotment of 30 resets on the 1st day of the month, but you can upgrade for a monthly fee, giving you the ability to schedule even more posts a month.

Tweetdeck - Tweetdeck is an old favorite. You can manage more than one Twitter account, schedule posts, and customize your layout so you see exactly what you want to see where you want to see it. I love this application.

Friendly.io - Because I have a personal account and an author account, having a second app on my phone makes my life easier. I don't have to sign in and sign out every single time I want to swap between profiles. Friendly is set up a lot like the FB app, making it super easy to navigate. It also allows you to receive messages in the app instead of having to download a separate application which is beyond annoying (I'm looking at you, Facebook).

Regrann - IG does not make it easy to share posts from others, but Regrann makes it super easy. Once you're set up, you don't even have to leave the IG app to reshare something using Regrann. It works the magic for you. I love how easy it is.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive