My blog will be moving to my new site soon! You can find it at akmorgen.com/blog

Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Where do you write?

Happy Writer Wednesday!


Do you have a designated writing space in your home? If not, you should!

Creating a writing space can help minimize distractions, and keep you focused and on track. It doesn't have to be fancy, nor does it have to require thousands of dollars in renovations and makeovers. Find a quiet place and make it comfortable (but not too comfortable). When you need to focus, escape to your space and get busy!

I have my own home office that's my writing space. We opted to create it in a spare room upstairs so it's away from the dogs (who are loud as heck) and the cats (who are noisy). It's filled with my bookshelves, photos, and things that are important to me, and is decorated in my favorite color (purple). I have a gaming chair (that's quite comfortable!) and keep a warm throw handy since I keep my air set on Arctic year 'round.

I also have a fancy new swivel La-Z-Boy that I can curl up in to read or write when I don't feel like being stuck behind the desk. When I need to write, I escape to my office and get busy. Having that designated space has been a HUGE help in keeping me on track, especially when I've had so many books releasing this year! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive