My blog will be moving to my new site soon! You can find it at akmorgen.com/blog

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Fall Teaser 2

Hey lovelies!

Tuesday keeps sneaking up on me. Possibly because I never know what day it is.

I wavered between giving you another unedited teaser from Fall this week or a teaser from Call Your Name, a short story written exclusively for the Fandom for Preemies fundraiser. The Fall teaser won the day, mostly because I couldn't find anything suitably PG rated in Call Your Name. So, without further ado, I bring to you Fall Teaser #2!


           "What am I going to do with you?" Dace asked, laying me down in my bed.

            I kept my arms around his neck, refusing to let him go. I'd thrown up everything in my stomach, and I felt horrible. Not on the verge of panic anymore, but embarrassed. Horrified. I would throw up as soon as I walked in the front door.

            Dace settled down on the bed with me, shifting me around until I could curl up against his chest. He rubbed my back in soothing lines up and down. I closed my eyes, too emotionally drained to hold them open. I just wanted to forget the last fifteen minutes ever happened. Hell, I wanted to forget the last couple weeks of my life ever happened.

            "I'm sorry," I mumbled.

            "You have nothing to be sorry for, love." Dace pressed his lips to the top of my head. Clearly, he didn't remember holding me on his lap while I vomited into the trashcan Dad held for me. And clearly he didn't remember Ronan watching the entire disgusting scene unfold.

            "Forget it," Dace whispered, tightening his arms around me.

            Easy for him to say.

            "We expected this."

            "You expected me to throw up?" I snorted, burying my face in his chest. I hadn't expected that. "Thanks for the warning."

            Dace chuckled. "That's not what I meant."

            "Oh."

            "We both knew coming home would be hard for you. Last time you were here . . . ."

You'll be excited to hear that the first few chapters of Fall are officially with the pre-readers. Now just to finish the last half of the book! :) Before I dash off to work on that . . . I was interviewed by Fel over at The Peasants Revolt today. We talked cookies, Fade, and more. Make sure you check it out and leave Fel a little love! :)

xoxo,
Ayden

Fade - The Ragnarok Prophesies: Book One - On Sale at: Amazon US | UK | DE | FR | IT | ES | Barnes and Noble | Kobo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive