My blog will be moving to my new site soon! You can find it at akmorgen.com/blog

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Meet @beegurl13: Graphic Artist and Contest Queen

I have another introduction to make today, loves!

Please welcome the amazingly talented Brandi Whitmer to the spotlight. I met Brandi in the fanfic community ages ago, and have been blessed to call her a dear friend since. Her writing has a tendency to seriously hurt my heart. I'm not kidding. She's responsible for more of my tears than any other author. No one does angst better. And she's got some wicked graphic art skills too!

When I thought of artists to make the winner's bragging rights banner, Bee's name was the first to pop up. She has let me rope her into making banners for all sorts of things in the past, and I have always been impressed with her work. Most of them are not appropriate to post here because we're always up to no good, but I did find two that are moderately tame.







Ms. Brandi generously donated her time to help authors Spike Marlowe and Christopher Reynaga represent their stories in the Team Losh Compilation at the beginning of the year. Both authors were thrilled with the outcome. Because that's just how Ms. Brandi rolls. ;)

But enough from me. Let's hear from Bee!

Tell us a little bit about yourself.

I'm beegurl13 and I'm a fanfic fanatic. I have a messy house full of kids, pets, and a Twilight-hating hubby. I'm boring as sin and easily sidetracked, yet can multi-task like nobody's business. I love Robert Pattinson, ALIAS, candy, Cherry-Vanilla Pepsi's, green olives and broccoli. Super cool, huh? Not even. :D

If someone wrote a biography about you, what would the title be?

Obsessed: A Tale of Randomness, Procrastination, and Sleeping


You just made the newspaper! What did you do?!

Most likely...I was stalking Robert Pattinson. :D

In high school you were most likely to ....

...be a mom...with 12 kids.

Tell us about your publishing credits. Have you won any awards?

I've posted several fan fiction stories on FanFiction.net, as well as designed several banners for various authors and contests.

I won First and Second Places in the first story contest I ever entered, The Unhappily Ever After contest, with my stories What Hurts the Most and What I Really Meant to Say. In the writing contest Never Ever Happily Ever After, my fanfic wifey, Mrs. Robward, and I won the Public Vote, as well as Judges Honorable Mention and Best Plot Twist with our story Exhaust. I won nine different awards (seven First Place & two Second Place) for my story The Maiden, which was written for FAGE2, a story exchange in the FanficAholics Anon Facebook group. And my story Worship won Second Place in the Best Lemon Drabble category of the Eclipse Awards.


Where else can readers find you?

People can find me on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/beegurl.fanfickee
on Twitter - https://twitter.com/beegurl13
on Fanfiction.net - http://www.fanfiction.net/~beegurl13
and on my blog- http://beegurl13.blogspot.com/


Thanks so much for participating, Brandi! And holy crap, seven 1st place awards in one contest?! That's amazing.
xoxo,
Ayden

Fade - The Ragnarok Prophesies: Book One - On Sale at: Amazon US | UK | DE | FR | IT | ES | Barnes and Noble | Kobo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive