My blog will be moving to my new site soon! You can find it at akmorgen.com/blog

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Friendship

Hello *looks around nervously* Jen here, a good friend of Ayden’s, also known as Hongkongphooey on FFN and @HKP_Jen_73 on Twitter.

Bear with me for I have never posted on a blog before. Yes, I’m a blogging virgin. I confess I have no clue what I’m doing here but when Ayden asked me to help with the Blog Takeover I couldn’t resist having a go.

For those of you that don’t know me I’m a thirtymumble stay-at-home mum to two very noisy little boys who hails from the rainy west of England. When RL allows I write a little Twilight fanfiction but am mostly to be found reading or lurking on Twitter.

I first met Ayden in November 2010 when I took the plunge to contribute to her first Fandom for Preemies fundraiser. She helped support and reassure me that my first ever oneshot wasn’t total rubbish.

We’ve remained firm friends ever since and frequently spend time putting
the world to rights or just talking inane nonsense. She’s my rock, my salvation and my educator on all things sweet tea.

So what shall I do now I’m here? Well, recently, Ayden and I talked at great length about what friendship means to us. So I thought what better theme for my ramblings could there be?

Anyone who follows me on Twitter will know I have a bit of a thing for quotes, so I’m just going to share some of my favourite friendship ones.

"I get by with a little help from my friends."
John Lennon

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

"A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself."

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Walk beside me and be my friend."
Albert Camus (also attributed to Maimonidies).

"Anybody can sympathise with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathise with a friend's success."
Oscar Wilde

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.
Erich Segal

I have to include some A. A. Milne quotes. Recently Ayden and I were talking and I commented on feeling a bit “Eeyore-ish”. She promised to keep a tight hold of me and make sure I “never lost my tail” which brought an immediate smile back to my face.

A day without a friend is like a pot without a single drop of honey left inside.
A.A. Milne

“Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind.
"Pooh?" he whispered.
"Yes, Piglet?"
"Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's hand.
"I just wanted to be sure of you.”
A. A. Milne


“Friendship," said Christopher Robin, "is
a very comforting thing to have.”
A. A. Milne

“I might have known,” said Eeyore. “After all, one can’t complain. I have my friends. Somebody spoke to me only yesterday. And was it last week or the week before that Rabbit bumped into me and said ‘Bother!’. The Social Round. Always something going on.”
A. A. Milne


Finally I’m going to leave you with a very special quote indeed, that I keep close to my heart.

“Truth and tears clear the way to a deep and lasting friendship and she’s seen plenty of mine.”
A. K. Morgen

Those words couldn’t be more true. Thank you my wonderful friend. Here’s to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive