My blog will be moving to my new site soon! You can find it at akmorgen.com/blog

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Kindness

*waves* Hi. It's Bella, Ay's friend from the adult romance sphere. I've known Ayden a long time... three almost four years now (feeling old now). When she asked if I'd do a blog while she was away I was kind of freaked out since I figured I had nothing to say. Usually when I write, something inspires me. I see a picture, hear a song, or one of my muses sends me something that sets off a spark. This was going to be hard for me because I didn't have one of those. So I thought to myself, what would be a good thing to focus on... Hmmm?

This is what I came up with. Hope you enjoy.

~Bella Leone


kind·ness

  [kahynd-nis]  Show IPA
noun
1.
the state or quality of being kindkindness to animals.
2.
a kind  act; favor: his many kindnesses to me.
3.
kind  behavior: I will never forget your kindness.
4.
friendly feeling; liking.
(from dictionary.reference.com)


So what is kindness?

When I think about it, I know there are many examples in our world, but sometimes, we forget to look for them. We're all very good at finding the negative, the downside, the black cloud. I am one of the guilty, I assure you. Everyone has moments where all they see are the dark, and all the rays of light are hidden. I think that's part of being human, no?
But another part of being human, is humanity. What separates us from the predators of the jungle or the beasts in the closets of our mind? It is our ability to affect others. Our ways of connecting. The simple smile, the hand held out, the laughter brought to others.
We all have our struggles and stumbles and stresses... it's when you stop thinking about yours and begin thinking of others... that's when we rise above our negativity and create a positive motion. The old Pay It Forward idea. Do for someone else so they'll do something for the next in line and someday you'll get it back in return.
How true it is. When you stop focusing on your hurt to help another, your hurt dissipates. No, it's not gone. No, it's not perfect. But yes, you can make it better for another and in return, help yourself.
I think Ayden gives us all a good example as she still has her moments of eyes down and drudging, but she also loves to help others and encourages us to do the same. She could fall down and cry, but she doesn't stay down. I find that admirable. I often want to curl into a little ball and pretend the boogie man isn't there, pretend the water isn't rising, like a good little ostrich... but to stand up and say, "What can I do to help?" Rather than hiding and pretending all is well, I can make a difference to someone else, even if my world isn't full of sunshine. It takes just one break in the storm to allow the sun to warm us.
And sometimes... the rain is just what we need to wash out the bad and allow for something new.
It's not always easy, it's not always fun, it's not always possible... but if you feel at the end of your tether, someone else might be in the same position, and by you offering a shoulder, sending a note, or dropping by with a smile, you could shift everything.
Just one drop can create a wave.
Think about what kind of wave you want to be to the others around you. You are a drop in the ocean amongst all the others. We can create waves that bring water into a draught, we can be a tsunami washing away a beach. We get to choose by our actions. Our decisions dictate how others perceive us, how others react to us, how others regard us.
Drop in the Ocean - Ron Pope
Whether you have a higher power, no matter the power's name, we can all agree that we're here together and we can be positive or we can be negative. We can be a gale force wind of change or we can rip through and leave destruction in our wake. 
It is ours to decide.


"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." -Anne Frank
Thank you to all of you who made it to the bottom and thank you to Ayden for allowing me to play on her blog. If you'd like more of me, I'm at www.bellaleonebooks.com and @bellaleone. I might write adult stuff that not everyone enjoys, but I'm fairly fun to tweet with!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive