My blog will be moving to my new site soon! You can find it at akmorgen.com/blog

Friday, March 9, 2012

Living Life

When Ayden asked me to write on her blog I immediately thought about my Aunt Sharon. She passed away last Saturday. She had cancer so we knew it was coming but it is still hard. To say it has been an emotional week is an understatement. I absolutely loved my aunt. She was awesome. She was a photographer, a singer, a gardener, a seamstress, a Mom, an Aunt, a Sister, a friend. She did all of it to perfection. I will miss her immensely.  Although it was hard, it was nice to get together with everyone to remember her. I must admit that I never understood the importance of funerals but after going through it, I do feel much more at peace with her passing.

Now you might be wondering why I called this post "Living Life" when I am talking about my relative's death. That was actually my attempt at a "battle cry" so to speak. What this whole situation has taught me is that life is short; she was only 64 when she passed. You have to do what makes you happy. Living a life of misery and hate is not worth it. However you have to reach out and grab it. It will not just come to you. I know that is easier said that done but start with the little things. You don't have to massively overhaul your entire life in one fell swoop but you can take baby steps to get there. Eventually you will reach your destination. I'm trying to follow that philosophy right now and I am much happier for it.

So when you are done reading go tell someone who is important in your life that you love them. *waits patiently while you run off to tell someone you love them* There, see, you just took a baby step. Happiness is on its way.

Thanks for reading. Love you Aunt Sharon & I will miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive