My blog will be moving to my new site soon! You can find it at akmorgen.com/blog

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday

Welcome back for another round of Six Sentence Sunday! This week's selection is also from Ravenous, which has gone through a slew of revisions since last week. I'm still not sure I'm satisfied with it enough to make it the official prologue for Fall, though. I need to give it another pass or three, I think. :)

I do like this part of it though, and I hope you enjoy it!



The scene that met them was as familiar to Jon and Geri as were Katrín and Freki. They’d seen it a thousand times, in a thousand different lives, playing out in a thousand different settings. 
Shidan’s pack fell upon a great, black wolf in snarling, snapping waves. The monster shook them off as easily as rainwater, the alpha’s throat clamped firmly between his massive jaws. Furious howls bounced around the misty valley in a rush of sound, seeming to come from nowhere and everywhere at once as Geri and Freki raced into battle a full thirty seconds too late.
With a shake of the hellhound’s head, their brother died, blood pouring from his throat and down their enemy’s muzzle.
What do you think?

Click here to check out what everyone else has posted for you this week, and remember, not all are suitable for minors. :)

Until next time,
A.K.M.

6 comments:

  1. It's violent, with a resigned feel to it. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooooh!! I love it! That last sentence is a great one. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sean. Your six were great this week. :)

      Delete

Blog Archive