My blog will be moving to my new site soon! You can find it at akmorgen.com/blog

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Desire Me: Cover and Blurb Reveal!

HAPPY TEASER TUESDAY!
This week, I have something super exciting for you guys. All the details on DESIRE ME, the final chapter in the Her Best Friend's Father series! Dive back into Roman and Mila's steamy story on December 17, 2019.
In Desire Me, familiar favorites and new faces join together to help Roman hunt down the dirty DEA agent who helped send Los Angeles spinning into a bloody gang war. If you enjoyed the first three chapters in Roman and Mila's story, you are sure to love the explosive conclusion. Check it out below! 

Her Best Friend's Father: The Final Chapter
Roman Gregory and Mila Lawson thought the clouds hanging over their heads had vanished with the death of Jose Guerrero four months ago, but after Tristan Riley blew into town to take on el Demonio, their world imploded all over again.
With Mila pregnant and the gang war slowly fizzling, all Roman wants to do is focus on the future...but he can't do that when a man he worked beside for years betrayed him and their team in a major way. Now all Roman wants to do is find Remi Pledger and end the threat from Pedro Francisco once and for all.
Being back in Los Angeles after so long is exactly like coming home for Mila...except Roman is stressed out and ready to snap. All Mila wants to do is get on with the future they planned, but it's hard to do that when Roman's being pulled in a thousand different directions.
To ease his mind and soothe the pain of betrayal, she'll do whatever it takes. Even if she has to take on Remi Pledger by herself.
Desire Me is the explosive final chapter in the Her Best Friend's Father series. Desire Me takes place after the events in Rapture (The Teplo Trilogy #3). While this book can be read as a standalone, reading that one first is recommended.
Release Date: December 17, 2019

EXCERPT

"Dude," Kincaid says a little over an hour later, drawing to a stop in the recesses of the secure parking garage in where we store our decoy cars. He cocks his head to the side, eyeing the old Corsica in front of him with a heavy dose of suspicion. "This motherfucker is going to fall apart and we'll be Flintstoning our asses out of dodge if shit goes down."

"It'll make it," I say, chuckling at his assessment because he's not wrong. The car is one good speedbump from falling the fuck apart. It's more rust than white paint these days, and has dents big enough to qualify as craters. The engine burns oil like a motherfucker, and the driver's door doesn't open from the outside. But it'll blend where we're going, and that's all that really matters. If Pledger is the one who broke into el Demonio's warehouses last night, I don't want him to see us coming.

"If you say so, Fred," Kincaid mutters doubtfully and then stalks around to the passenger side. He shoots me another suspicious look over the top of the car and then shakes his head and pops the door open.

"Reach over and open the driver's door for me. It won't open from outside."

"Jesus fucking Christ. I'm going to die in a goddamn Corsica," he mutters beneath his breath.

For guys like us---tall and comprised of bulky muscle---getting out of this car is a hell of a lot harder than getting in it is. So I wait to tell him the seatbelt doesn't work until he's already crammed himself inside…just in case he has second thoughts.

He shoots me a dirty look and then slams his door closed.

I laugh loudly and wait for him to open the driver's door for me.

"So where the fuck are we going?" he asks once I'm crammed into the car beside him, my knees digging into the cracked dashboard.

"According to the tracker Leyva put on the car, it's parked on Stanford over in Skid Row," I tell him, rolling out of the parking garage and hooking a right. The pungent stench of burning oil fills the air. "That particular block is mostly taken up by seafood distributors and warehouses. I'm thinking he's hiding out in tent city, hoping to blend with the homeless population until he can figure out his next move."

"Fucking awesome," Kincaid snorts.

He sounds about as enthusiastic at the prospect of hitting up tent city as I am, but it's the only lead we've got at the moment. Skid Row is depressing as fuck. The homeless have set up makeshift tents all throughout the area, turning the sidewalks into a maze of tarps and ingenuity borne of desperation. Unless Remi comes back for the car, hitting up the vagrant population is our best bet. I'm not so sure we'll find him, but if he is hiding out with the city's homeless, maybe we'll be able to flush him out by asking around.

Either way, I want a look at the car. It may give us some hint as to what he's been up to or where he's going. I want to get something I can track myself attached to the vehicle. I don't want to be beholden to Leyva for information any longer than necessary.

Kincaid doesn't say much as we drive, instead opting to stare out the window as we creep closer to Skid Row. His jaw is clenched tight, his frustration obvious. I want to press him on the Kaleo issue, but keep my mouth shut. Last thing I need to do right now is piss him off. It doesn't take a genius to see that being back in Los Angeles is fucking with him. He hasn't seen January James in ten years, and I'm guessing being back in her life now is bringing a lot of shit to the surface for him. I don't even know him well, but I can see it written all over his face. He's a powder keg, ready to explode.

I just hope like hell he doesn't blow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive