My blog will be moving to my new site soon! You can find it at akmorgen.com/blog

Saturday, October 12, 2019

Fight for You: Countdown Teaser #5

FOLLOW ALONG THROUGH EVERY DAY OF THE COUNTDOWN FOR TEASERS! LEAVE A COMMENT TO WIN BOOK SWAG AND EBOOKS!


"You laughing at me, baby girl?" he asks, lifting a brow and shooting me a smirk that does crazy things to my insides.

"Nope," I lie and then clap a hand over my mouth when a giggle escapes.

He growls playfully and reaches over to tickle my ribcage, which makes me shriek with laughter.

"I wasn't laughing!" I cry, swatting at his hand as he continues to tickle me mercilessly.

"You were," he chuckles and then takes pity on me. His eyes are more gray than blue today, his happiness evident as he grins at me, those dimples on full display. "But that's okay. I fucking love that sweet little laugh of yours. It's my second favorite sound in the world. You can laugh at me anytime, so long as I get to hear you do it."

Butterflies flutter through my stomach and my mouth gets dry. God, he's so sweet to me. It's no wonder the older girls at school all hate me. If I had to watch him be this sweet to some other girl, I'd be jealous too.

"What's your favorite sound?" I ask, my voice a little breathless as he starts the car.

"The way you whisper my name after I kiss you," he says, completely serious.

My entire body melts. If I didn't already love him, I'm pretty sure that would have sealed the deal. But I do love him. Like crazy. Everyone says I'm too young to even know what that means, but they're wrong. I'm head over heels for Michael Ian Kincaid.


About Fight for You

Some men deserve redemption. Some men are worthy of salvation. He's not one of them.
Ten years ago, former gangbanger turned DEA agent Michael "Cade" Kincaid lost everything that mattered to him. With his life in tatters, he fled Los Angeles, leaving behind January James, the only girl he's ever loved. Now an enemy from his past has it out for January, and it's up to Michael to save her life.
"Just breathe" reads his tattoo. But how do you breathe when you feel like dying?
January James swore she would never forgive Michael Kincaid for what happened ten years ago, but now he's the only thing standing between her and the gang that wants the neighborhood she vowed to defend. With him in her personal space at every turn, keeping her defenses in place isn't so easy. He might not be the same boy he was then, but he still has the power to destroy her.
"Stay strong" reads her tattoo. But how do you stay strong when you feel like breaking?
Reunited by danger, bound together by feelings that just won't die, and desperate for forgiveness they don't believe they deserve, Michael and January will risk their lives to break free of the past. To build a future, they'll both risk the only thing that really matters: their hearts.
WARNING: Fight for You is an angsty and emotional friends-to-lovers, second chance romance and is not suitable for all readers. It is the first book in a series of interconnected full-length standalone novels featuring law enforcement officers willing to do whatever it takes to protect the women who need them most. Each book has no cheating, and a guaranteed HEA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive