My blog will be moving to my new site soon! You can find it at akmorgen.com/blog

Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Fight for You: Countdown Teaser #1

FOLLOW ALONG THROUGH EVERY DAY OF THE COUNTDOWN FOR TEASERS! LEAVE A COMMENT TO WIN BOOK SWAG AND EBOOKS!


"Why can't you ever just stay home?" Titan glares at me.

I bite my lip, refusing to tell him that I'm scared. He'll just call me a crybaby, and I don't want Cade to think I'm a chicken, even though I really am.

"She can come with us," Cade says with a shrug before I can think of a reason. He smiles, showing me his dimples. "You'll be good, right, baby girl?"

I nod and bounce up and down.

"Fine," Titan says with a scowl, "but I'm not playing any stupid baby games with you. And you can't follow me around."

"I don't play baby games and I don't follow you around!" I stick my tongue out at him. I don't follow him around. Mostly, I follow Cade around, but I don't tell Titan that. He'd just laugh at me. Sometimes, he's a jerk.

"Whatever." Titan rolls his eyes and locks the front door before jumping from the porch to the sidewalk. He's such a showoff.

I bounce down the steps, only to trip on the last one.

"Careful," Cade says, grabbing me before I fall. He always catches me when I trip. Mom says I'd be a mess without him. She's probably right. I'm kind of clumsy.

Titan snorts before stomping down the sidewalk.

I don't know why he's so mean to me now. He used to like to play with me. Him and Cade always watched out for me and made sure no one messed with me. But ever since he started the eighth grade, he's been different. He's mean to me a lot. I don't know why, but I wish he was nice again. I miss him.

"Why are you so quiet, baby girl?" Cade asks, tugging on a strand of my hair.

I like it when he calls me that. Titan says he does it because I'm just a baby, but I don't think that's why. He always calls me that. It's sweet. Titan's just jealous he doesn't have a nickname like me and Cade do. I call him Cade because when I was younger, I couldn't say his name right. It sounded funny. He says he likes his nickname better anyway.

"Why doesn't Titan like me anymore?" I whisper to him, staring down at the ground.

"He likes you," Cade promises me, reaching out to tug on my hair again. "He's just grumpy because Mandy won't kiss him."

"He's always mean to me." I scrunch up my nose at the thought of my brother and Mandy kissing. She's pretty, but she's not very nice. She's always watching Cade like she'd rather have him flirting with her than Titan. But she holds my brother's hand and calls him all the time, so I think maybe she likes both of them.

"He loves you, baby girl. He's just being a teenager. I'll talk to him and tell him he needs to be nicer to you."

"You're a teenager too, but you're nice to me."

He stares at me, his blue-gray eyes serious. "I will always be nice to you, January."
About Fight for You

Some men deserve redemption. Some men are worthy of salvation. He's not one of them.
Ten years ago, former gangbanger turned DEA agent Michael "Cade" Kincaid lost everything that mattered to him. With his life in tatters, he fled Los Angeles, leaving behind January James, the only girl he's ever loved. Now an enemy from his past has it out for January, and it's up to Michael to save her life.
"Just breathe" reads his tattoo. But how do you breathe when you feel like dying?
January James swore she would never forgive Michael Kincaid for what happened ten years ago, but now he's the only thing standing between her and the gang that wants the neighborhood she vowed to defend. With him in her personal space at every turn, keeping her defenses in place isn't so easy. He might not be the same boy he was then, but he still has the power to destroy her.
"Stay strong" reads her tattoo. But how do you stay strong when you feel like breaking?
Reunited by danger, bound together by feelings that just won't die, and desperate for forgiveness they don't believe they deserve, Michael and January will risk their lives to break free of the past. To build a future, they'll both risk the only thing that really matters: their hearts.
WARNING: Fight for You is an angsty and emotional friends-to-lovers, second chance romance and is not suitable for all readers. It is the first book in a series of interconnected full-length standalone novels featuring law enforcement officers willing to do whatever it takes to protect the women who need them most. Each book has no cheating, and a guaranteed HEA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive