My blog will be moving to my new site soon! You can find it at akmorgen.com/blog

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Teaser Tuesday: Desire Me


Happy Teaser Tuesday! I have an excerpt from Desire Me for you guys today! Mila and Roman's final book releases December 17, 2019!



"Pull her detail," Octavio says. "Whatever progress I'd made with her, Sanders blew. If we can get her to talk now, I'll let you know. Until then, I'll keep an eye on her."

"Are you sure you don't want to put someone else on her?" Finn asks him as if he has another choice here.

"Even if you could manage it, she's scared enough already. Locking her in a room with someone else she doesn't know won't help her learn to trust me."

"Luke and Mila are going to help us keep an eye on her," I tell Finn.

"She's okay with this?" he asks, glancing between me and Octavio.

Frustration rolls through Octavio's expression. "She's not okay with any of it, but it is what it is. At least this way, she isn't alone with someone like Sanders." He glances at his phone and then back to Finn. "You need anything from me?" he asks. "I've got a debriefing in half an hour."

"You're good," Finn says, waving him off. "I'll let you know if IA needs to speak with you."

Octavio nods, bumps my fist, and then strolls out of the office.

Finn waits until he's gone to turn to me. "Sanders is as good as fired," he says with a disgusted shake of his head. "The little prick is lucky Hernandez didn't rip his balls off."

"Hernandez is too smart to do it with witnesses around," I murmur.

Finn snorts. "I probably would have let him do it."

"Sanders will get what he deserves," I remind Finn. IA does not take kindly to federal agents using their badges to prey on women. Especially when those women are in their custody.

"You sure you're good having Ms. Donovan around Mila?" he asks, pinning me with a no-bullshit look.

"Like Octavio said, it is what it is." I blow out a breath. "After seeing her again today, I'm not so sure Octavio's wrong about her. She's jumpy as hell, scared. Whatever she was doing with Fuentes, I don't think it was by choice. We need to know what she knows, and this is the best way to ensure she's safe while Octavio figures out why they want her back so goddamn badly."

Finn nods and then glances at his phone when it buzzes, his brows pulling down. "We're being summoned by the DEA. They want us at their offices within the hour."

"What the fuck for?" I ask, scowling. I've got enough shit to do today, thanks to Sanders. I've got to talk to IA, figure out how to keep Octavio from losing his shit, check in Kincaid, and stop in to see Tristan and Lillian. It's not even noon and I already know I'm not going to get home before dark. Again.

Mila's going to be pissed.

"Don't know," Finn mutters, shoving his phone into his pocket and grabbing his keys. "Let's go find out."

"Fuck, fine. But it better not be another goddamn press conference or I will start flipping tables," I warn him, stomping out of his office.

He chuckles like he thinks I'm joking, but I'm not.

About Desire Me (Her Best Friend's Father #4)

Roman Gregory and Mila Lawson thought the clouds hanging over their heads had vanished with the death of Jose Guerrero four months ago, but after Tristan Riley blew into town to take on el Demonio, their world imploded all over again.


With Mila pregnant and the gang war slowly fizzling, all Roman wants to do is focus on the future...but he can't do that when a man he worked beside for years betrayed him and their team in a major way. Now all Roman wants to do is find Remi Pledger and end the threat from Pedro Francisco once and for all.

Being back in Los Angeles after so long is exactly like coming home for Mila...except Roman is stressed out and ready to snap. All Mila wants to do is get on with the future they planned, but it's hard to do that when Roman's being pulled in a thousand different directions.

To ease his mind and soothe the pain of betrayal, she'll do whatever it takes. Even if she has to take on Remi Pledger by herself.

Desire Me takes place after the events in Rapture (The Teplo Trilogy #3). While this book can be read as a standalone, reading that one first is recommended. 

Pre-Order Desire Me for .99c on Amazon!

About the Series


Two weeks.
No strings.
No commitments.

Those are the terms Mila Lawson offers Roman Gregory when they find themselves living together in Santa Cruz.
With a violent gang gunning for him and a cartel threatening to go to war, the last thing the ATF agent should be thinking about is claiming his daughter's twenty-two-year-old best friend. But after four long years of lusting after the gorgeous little blonde from afar, once Roman has her, he's not willing to give her up. 
She may be off-limits, but something about Mila drives him wild. There's nothing sweet about the things he wants to do to her, and nothing gentle about the way he takes her. She makes him crave a future he never envisioned for himself…one so much better than he ever dreamed was possible.
To keep her, he'll be forced to face the daughter he adores. To save her, he'll break every rule in the book.
Nothing will stand in his way. Not his daughter. Not the gang hunting him. Not even the law itself.
Read the rest of the series on Kindle Unlimited!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive