My blog will be moving to my new site soon! You can find it at akmorgen.com/blog

Monday, October 14, 2019

Fight for You: Countdown Teaser #7

FOLLOW ALONG THROUGH EVERY DAY OF THE COUNTDOWN FOR TEASERS! LEAVE A COMMENT TO WIN BOOK SWAG AND EBOOKS!


My hands shake as I jog up the wooden steps to her front door. The heavy wood rattles beneath my fist from the force of my knock. My mind screams at me to turn around and walk away. But then the door flies open and she's standing there. She's so heartbreakingly beautiful with those bright green eyes filled to the brim with hope and her lips forming my name like a kiss.

I'm lost. Damned.

Please, God, don't let me destroy her, I pray silently. Don't let me ruin her life all over again.

"You're wrong," I blurt out, my pulse pounding so hard I'm sure she can probably hear it. "You think I don't want you, but I'm so fucking hard for you that it hurts, baby girl. I've wanted nothing but you since the day I left. You think you weren't living without me? I was in hell without you. I'm still in hell." My breath comes in a desperate rasp and my hands shake. My whole body is shaking. "Every goddamn day without you was torture, baby girl. I tried to forget you, to move on, but I couldn't. I didn't want to forget…to forget…"

"To forget what?" she whispers when I stumble over the words, not sure how to explain to her that even though she haunted me, I didn't want to forget her.

Because even when I didn't have her, even when I was certain I'd never step foot in this city again because I couldn't face being here without her…she still had me. She still had every fucking piece of me.

"To forget this," I rumble and stalk toward her. It takes two steps to cross the threshold. And one more before she's in my arms. I kick the door closed behind me and then haul her up against my chest.

As soon as she's in my arms, she goes wild. Her body wraps around mine, exactly like she was meant to fit me. Her hands go to my hair, her legs around my waist. Our mouths crash together with such need, such force, that our teeth clack together. I pour everything into our kiss, sucking her tongue into my mouth to steal her breath. I want her air in me, until each breath I take is full of nothing but her.

About Fight for You

Some men deserve redemption. Some men are worthy of salvation. He's not one of them.
Ten years ago, former gangbanger turned DEA agent Michael "Cade" Kincaid lost everything that mattered to him. With his life in tatters, he fled Los Angeles, leaving behind January James, the only girl he's ever loved. Now an enemy from his past has it out for January, and it's up to Michael to save her life.
"Just breathe" reads his tattoo. But how do you breathe when you feel like dying?
January James swore she would never forgive Michael Kincaid for what happened ten years ago, but now he's the only thing standing between her and the gang that wants the neighborhood she vowed to defend. With him in her personal space at every turn, keeping her defenses in place isn't so easy. He might not be the same boy he was then, but he still has the power to destroy her.
"Stay strong" reads her tattoo. But how do you stay strong when you feel like breaking?
Reunited by danger, bound together by feelings that just won't die, and desperate for forgiveness they don't believe they deserve, Michael and January will risk their lives to break free of the past. To build a future, they'll both risk the only thing that really matters: their hearts.
WARNING: Fight for You is an angsty and emotional friends-to-lovers, second chance romance and is not suitable for all readers. It is the first book in a series of interconnected full-length standalone novels featuring law enforcement officers willing to do whatever it takes to protect the women who need them most. Each book has no cheating, and a guaranteed HEA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive