My blog will be moving to my new site soon! You can find it at akmorgen.com/blog

Thursday, October 10, 2019

Fight for You: Countdown Teaser #3

FOLLOW ALONG THROUGH EVERY DAY OF THE COUNTDOWN FOR TEASERS! LEAVE A COMMENT TO WIN BOOK SWAG AND EBOOKS!


When I get to my house, Ma Rose is sitting on the front porch, drinking her coffee.

"Hey, sweet boy," she says, smiling at me when I jog up the steps and drop my backpack by the front door.

"Hi, Ma Rose." I lean down and kiss her wrinkled cheek. She's aged a lot in the last few years. Her hair is completely gray and she's lost a lot of weight. She looks frail, but she's still full of energy. She says the weight loss was good for her, but it worries me.

"January went running by here about five minutes ago," she observes quietly, holding my gaze. She knows something is up, so there's no point even trying to hide it from her. How she always knows when something's going on, I don't know, but she does. Trying to hide anything from her is impossible. It's easier to just tell the truth and get it over with.

"Yeah," I mumble and tip my head backward, closing my eyes. "She kissed me."

"Did she?"

"Yeah, then she ran off."

"Hmm."

Hmm?

What is that supposed to mean?

I tip my head forward and crack my eyes open to find her smiling at me over the rim of her coffee cup. She doesn't seem disappointed or mad. Maybe a little worried…but there's also a touch of amusement twinkling in her eyes.

"You're not mad about it?" I ask, just to make sure.

"You've been in love with that little girl for years," she says with a laugh.

I shrug, my cheeks burning. Like I said, Ma Rose knows everything. I didn't even realize I love January until recently, but Ma Rose knew. She may be old and frail, but her mind is as sharp as a tack.

"Just promise me that you'll wait until she's older to do anything more than kiss her," she says, reaching out to wrap my hand in hers. "You're both too young for any nonsense, you hear me? I don't want you making Jana a grandmamma before January's even out of high school."


"Yes ma'am," I mumble, blushing again. It's not even like that. Well, I mean maybe I want to do that stuff with her one day, but not right now. She's way too young. Her mom would kill both of us. Actually, Titan would kill me and then her mom would kill her. Either way, there would be bodies to hide. I'd prefer to keep both of our bodies intact. Plus, I plan to be with her for a long time, so we don't need to rush anything. I just want to keep her safe and make her smile. And maybe hold her and make out with her sometimes. That's all.


About Fight for You

Some men deserve redemption. Some men are worthy of salvation. He's not one of them.
Ten years ago, former gangbanger turned DEA agent Michael "Cade" Kincaid lost everything that mattered to him. With his life in tatters, he fled Los Angeles, leaving behind January James, the only girl he's ever loved. Now an enemy from his past has it out for January, and it's up to Michael to save her life.
"Just breathe" reads his tattoo. But how do you breathe when you feel like dying?
January James swore she would never forgive Michael Kincaid for what happened ten years ago, but now he's the only thing standing between her and the gang that wants the neighborhood she vowed to defend. With him in her personal space at every turn, keeping her defenses in place isn't so easy. He might not be the same boy he was then, but he still has the power to destroy her.
"Stay strong" reads her tattoo. But how do you stay strong when you feel like breaking?
Reunited by danger, bound together by feelings that just won't die, and desperate for forgiveness they don't believe they deserve, Michael and January will risk their lives to break free of the past. To build a future, they'll both risk the only thing that really matters: their hearts.
WARNING: Fight for You is an angsty and emotional friends-to-lovers, second chance romance and is not suitable for all readers. It is the first book in a series of interconnected full-length standalone novels featuring law enforcement officers willing to do whatever it takes to protect the women who need them most. Each book has no cheating, and a guaranteed HEA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive