My blog will be moving to my new site soon! You can find it at akmorgen.com/blog

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Marketing for Authors

Happy Writer Wednesday!



Marketing my books is probably my least favorite part of being an author. I'm not particularly good at selling things. In fact, people in my life are often surprised to find out that I'm an author and that I have fifteen books published!

But I have learned over the years that marketing is a necessary evil. It's also not as complicated as everyone makes it seem. YES, it takes work. YES, it takes time. YES, it's important!

To make your life easier, come up with a plan. What are your goals? Where are you marketing your books? WHO are you marketing them to? What services are you using? What's working for you? What isn't working? Where are you at currently with marketing? Where would you like to be? How do you plan to get there?

Answering these questions will save you a lot of time and frustration. When it comes to marketing, you don't want to just randomly throw things together and hope it pays off. Put together an action plan...and don't be afraid to change things if something isn't working.

Do you have go-to service providers that work miracles? Do your ads get a lot of traction with a specific group? Keep notes so you can quickly find that information when it's needed. Your life will be SO MUCH EASIER!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive