My blog will be moving to my new site soon! You can find it at akmorgen.com/blog

Friday, October 11, 2019

Fight for You: Countdown Teaser #4

FOLLOW ALONG THROUGH EVERY DAY OF THE COUNTDOWN FOR TEASERS! LEAVE A COMMENT TO WIN BOOK SWAG AND EBOOKS!


"Are you drunk, baby girl?" I ask, my voice soft. Clenching my hands into tight fists, I try to keep myself from snatching her up. Part of me wants to spank her ass for getting wasted with no one except her equally as drunk friend here to take care of her. The other part desperately wants to know what she's like when she's drinking. Is she a happy drunk? A horny drunk? I don't know. Titan and I never let her drink. She was too young.

Tears well in her eyes. "Don't call me that," she whispers.

"Why not?" I whisper back, fighting like hell to stay where I'm at instead of wiping those tears away.

"Because I'm not yours anymore. You didn't want me."

"Fuck."

She nudges Mariah, forcing her to open the door wider. Even as two tears slip down her flushed cheeks, her eyes narrow and her nose scrunches up. She sways on her feet before grasping the doorframe to keep herself upright. If she wasn't so goddamn beautiful, the glare she shoots me then would be killer.

"You came back for another woman," she says, a thousand different emotions flowing through those emerald eyes too quickly for me to read. "I prayed so many times for you to come back for me, but you never did. You came back here for her."

What the fuck is she talking about?

"Baby girl–"

"Don't call me that!" she screams at me, her voice so loud it borders on shrill.

I snap my mouth closed. Turns out, drunk January is feisty and a little bit frightening. And I don't have the first clue how to handle her like this.


About Fight for You

Some men deserve redemption. Some men are worthy of salvation. He's not one of them.
Ten years ago, former gangbanger turned DEA agent Michael "Cade" Kincaid lost everything that mattered to him. With his life in tatters, he fled Los Angeles, leaving behind January James, the only girl he's ever loved. Now an enemy from his past has it out for January, and it's up to Michael to save her life.
"Just breathe" reads his tattoo. But how do you breathe when you feel like dying?
January James swore she would never forgive Michael Kincaid for what happened ten years ago, but now he's the only thing standing between her and the gang that wants the neighborhood she vowed to defend. With him in her personal space at every turn, keeping her defenses in place isn't so easy. He might not be the same boy he was then, but he still has the power to destroy her.
"Stay strong" reads her tattoo. But how do you stay strong when you feel like breaking?
Reunited by danger, bound together by feelings that just won't die, and desperate for forgiveness they don't believe they deserve, Michael and January will risk their lives to break free of the past. To build a future, they'll both risk the only thing that really matters: their hearts.
WARNING: Fight for You is an angsty and emotional friends-to-lovers, second chance romance and is not suitable for all readers. It is the first book in a series of interconnected full-length standalone novels featuring law enforcement officers willing to do whatever it takes to protect the women who need them most. Each book has no cheating, and a guaranteed HEA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive